Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default close workbooks without closing excel ?

Don't use that X on the application's title bar.

Use the X in the worksheet window's title bar.

Yep, excel behaves differently than MSWord.

Or use File|Close
or ctrl-w (to close the window/workbook)

Clute wrote:

I save my excel in "my documents" and have several workbooks open at one
time. If i close one excel workbook ....all close and excel closes. If I do
not save every workbook before closing I lose data. How do I set up file just
to close the workbook one at a time ? (Microsoft office excel 2003)

--

Dave Peterson