Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starguy starguy is offline

Default Is it possible to link cell formatting in Excel from file to file

copy your source sheet (Ctrl+A) and then go to the sheet where you have
made links (destination) select cell A1 of that sheet and right click,
select Paste Special and click on Formats then Ok. All formats will be
copied to the destination sheet without disturbing your links.

hope this would serve your purpose.

KimW Wrote:
I am linking data from one workbook to another - to pre-populate cells
in
planning templates. I have no problems linking the data. Hoever, I
would also
like to link the formatting (cell shading, font color, etc.)

Is this possible and if so, how?

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434