Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:42:11 GMT, MaggieMagill wrote:

I have a column of numbers that are the results of a formula (common to
each row). What I would like to do is apply a format to the cell that
contains the minimum value in the column and to the max value as well.

I can use the MIN or MAX formula to place the value in a remote cell then
use the conditional format to match that value to what's in the column but
I'm thinking there's better mousetrap.

Shouldn't I be able to just apply the formatting to the cell directly?

Select your range: e.g. G1:G23

Format/Conditional Formatting/Formula Is:

condition 1: =G1=MAX($G$1:$G$23)
format to taste
condition 2: =G1=MIN($G$1:$G$23)
format to taste

Note the use of relative and absolute references in the formula.

--ron