Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Converting a number to hours and minutes

You can use another cell to convert minutes to time.

=a1/60/24
and give it a nice number format (hh:mm:ss)

dslocum wrote:

Sorry, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in any
I am using Excel 2007 on a Vista Business box.

I need to simply convert a raw number of minutes into Hours:Minutes
format.
We want to monitor the length of time spent on paticular tasks
throughout the day. From a drop-down list the end-user selects the
Task Category and then Tabs to the adjacent cell and manually enters
the number of minutes it took to perform the task. The end-user
repeats this process throughout the day for each task.
I have use a SumIf function to track the total number of minutes for
each task available on the drop-down listing. I need to convert these
SUMs to hh:mm. Example: 120 minutes would return 2:00 and 126 would
returen 2:06. Likewise, 45 would return 0:45.
Is this possible?

d.

--
dslocum