Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default I can't insert column in Excell file! Help please

Do not "clear" the cells, delete entire rows and columns below and to the
right of your actual data range.

Then SAVE the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 01:54:02 -0700, Stefi
wrote:

Probably you have some non-blank cells in the last columns (...IU,IV), maybe
unwanted. When you insert a column then Excel shifts columns right to the new
column rightward deleting the last column (IV) because the total No of
columns has to remain 256 (in Excel2003). Excel cannot decide you need data
in the last column or not, therefore it doesn't accomplish the action. Find
unwanted non-blank cells and clear them!

Regards,
Stefi

„Olga” ezt írta:

When I try to insert column appiarenses window with text:
to prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Office Excel cannt shift
nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to locate the nonblank cell by pressing
CTRL+END, and delete or clear all in cells between the last cell and the end
of your data. Then select A1 and and save your workbook to reset the last
cell used.