Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hernandez, Roberto

Default How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?

"kcdonaldson" escribió en el mensaje
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain
workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a
password
on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros
enabled.

Regards!

You can´t do it directly with Excel.
You need to configure book to hide useful sheets when closing, an unhidding
it when a correct password is typed when promt...

For example, when you close your book (in the beforeclose event) you can
hide your sheets with a set of lines like this one:

Worksheets("Usefulsheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
Worksheets("NonUsefulSheet").Visible = xlSheetVisible

and in the Workbook_Open event something like:

Worksheets("Usefulsheet").Visible = xlSheetVisible
Worksheets("NonUsefulSheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden

So, if user disables macros at startup, will only see a nonuseful sheet,
whit a sentence like: "you disabled macros when opening this book, close it
and able macros when promt..."

It's an easy but not 100% secure method...