Dave Peterson

You may want to share the file as a .txt file.

And give them a workbook that contains a macro that imports that .txt file. You
could add headers/filters/page layout/pivottables/charts and graphs and other
stuff.

Send out the .txt file whenever you want. But include instructions to open the
workbook that contains the macro and run that macro to import the data.

If you add enough nice stuff to the macro (not just formatting), the end users
may even like it better.

wrote:

Definitely - my whole point of performing this exercise is to
automating sending a report - which is currently manual - via a CSV
file. If I have to re-format the file and send it to everyone, it
defeats the main purpose of this exercise.

Thanks for all your help.
Kevin.

Dave Peterson wrote:
So maybe just widening the columns after you open the .csv file in excel would
be sufficient?

--

Dave Peterson