Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Printing truncates cell contents

Maybe you can include an extra alt-enter as the final character in the cell?

BDT wrote:

I have a problem printing a simple spreadsheet. I have a single column
spreadsheet with several hundred rows. The cells contain text anywhere from
a few words to over a thousand words. Some of the longer entries have
paragraphs with CR/LF entered via alt+enter. I have the cells formated for
word wrap and then I double clicked on the bottom edge of one row which set
each row height just big enough to hold the cell contents. I have set a thin
border around each cell and everything looks good onscreen.

The problem is when I print, some of the cells do not display all of the
lines of text. I can manually stretch the height of each of these rows
separately, trial and error, to make them long/tall enough to print
correctly, but then there are blank lines that show up on screen. Not a real
problem, but with several hundred rows, not a very practical solution, plus
every cell edit causes a repeat of the trial and error process.

Any suggestions.

thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson