Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I merge two cells without deleting data from the cell?

Select the range to convert to values
Edit|Copy
Edit|Paste special|Values

Angie wrote:

The answer to my prayers! How do you convert the column into values?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think I'd insert a new column E and put the formula there.

You could copy that range to the other program.

Or you could convert that new column E to values and delete columns C:D (or just
column D???).

xjaysfan wrote:

Hi there
But I don't want formulas on the page..
As Well I am merging cell c and d and want the info to stay in d
I will end up copying and pasting to another program

Thanks
Sandra

"Batmans_Wife" wrote:

Thank you so much for sending me this formula. It worked perfectly and did
exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your quick, helpful response.

Sincerely,
Michelle

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't, you can concatenate 2 cells into one by using a formula and
ampersand

=A1&" "&B1

however stay away from merging cells, always cause more problems than what
it's worth and layout wise you can get very close without using it. I have
never seen a power user using merging

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Batmans_Wife" wrote:

I'm highlighting two cells in the same row, hitting format cells, alignment,
merge cells and I'm getting the error message, "The selection contains
multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most
data only." I want to be able to make the two seperate cells one without
deleting anything and without having to cut and paste.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson