Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Accidentally closed file without saving

If that file isn't deleted (I bet it was), then the next time the user opens
excel, excel will notice it and offer to open this recovered file.

It doesn't hurt to look for it manually, but excel should find it on its own,
too.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Not much chance.

If you close the file normally, the autorecovery temp file file is generally
deleted.

But check this out anyway.

Try going to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Look for a file similar to ~ar123.xar file with a recent time.

Change name to hopeful.xls and see if it opens and what's in it.

You might get lucky.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:16:01 -0700, Bronwyn
wrote:

I accidentally closed my excel file without saving it but I had automatic
recovery switched on. Is there any chance that it will be in a temporary
file. And if so, where would it be?

--

Dave Peterson