Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Macros for Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports.

Hi,

Perhaps you can you post samples of the data to go with the explanation. I
really don't understand what you are trying to achieve. However, naming
cells/ranges is a good start in retrieving the last data copied and then
using offset to move down and re-naming to the same name ready for the next
time.

You can record macros when naming cells/ranges to get the syntax. To name
cells/ranges:

Versions before xl2007: Menu item Insert - Name - Define

xl2007 version: Formulas tab on the ribbon - Define Name

OssieMac

"Dragon" wrote:

In out excel file we have 11 workbooks with running totals that update daily,
weekly and monthly reports in 3 other workbooks. We would like to make up
Macros so that the reports will update automatically when run. To do this we
need the daily cell reference to move one down during the week, 4 down at
week end, and 2 at month end. I think it will take 3 Macros to do this but I
have tried to make the reference move down one but it doesn't seem to work.
How can I set up Macros to do what I need?