Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Default cant send email attachment from excel

Copy the lines in your win.ini file and try again

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Ron I am stuck as in my win ini files ther is nothing like what you have
typed here it is mostly video things. I also have office 2003 so again I can
send email with the attachment but I can't get the send with attachment
button to work so I know my email is working...Any other suggestions?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi DKT

This I have in my Win.ini in WinXP,Office 2002

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

If you don't see [Mail] in the win.ini file then add the code above in the win.ini file.
If you see [Mail] but don't have MAPIX=1 in this section then add a new line with it.

Win.ini is a normal txt file so add it and save it when you close it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Yes and I just went to the sysedit win ini and I don't have anything that
says mail there and I don't know how to add it.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi DKT

Have you checked number 1 and 2 in this link
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
No there are two email buttons in excel and I am trying to use the one that
says send to mail reccipient (as attachment). I went to the tools and then
customize and I dragged it up to the top like it said but it stays gray and
will not execute and I am trying to save steps by not having to click the
attach button and then find the file and then email. I wan' to email it
directly from the file with the lines etc..Sorry but I am new to this so I
hope it doesn't sound stupid...

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Do you mean that the Mail button is not working on the menu bar ?

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

If you need code examples or a Add-in look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DKT" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
email button but it still doesn't work