Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Hours and minutes

Hi

Assuming you have your values entered in cells A1, A2, A3 etc.
With a summation formula in A11
=SUM(A1:A10)/1440
A11FormatCellsNumberCustom[h]:mm

Excel stores times as fractions of a day, so there are 24 * 60 = 1440
minutes in a day.
Adding all your value and dividing by 1440 gives the result as a time 2:15

If you just wanted the result as decimal hours then it would be
=ROUND((SUM(A1:A10)/60),2)
which would give a result of 2.25
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Eán" wrote in message
currently the numbers are entered as numbers. i.e. 15+30+90 etc.

"Joel" wrote:

It depends how your numbers are entered. Is 15mins a number or a text
string? I have a UDF that can add strings I can modify it to return a
time.

"Eán" wrote:

If I want to record time spent is there a function I can use to add
time,
that is for example:

15mins + 30mins + 90mins = 2hrs 15mins or 135mins.

Please and thank you