Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default Stop excel from dropping the 0 in the beginning of a number?

That is hard to believe that you have to enter books with
ISBN numbers beginning with a zero to Amazon, the data is
there and they won't accept it. I would certainly ask Amazon
about that. I think you should be including hyphens in those
numbers not as part of formatting but change them to text
with the hyphens. (just a guess)

a1: 0123456789
b1: =TEXT(A1,"0-0000-0000-0")

BTW, I sure others might want to know if that is the solution or
something else.
---
HTH,

"Mo" wrote in message ...
This is exactly the problem I have in trying to save ISBN numbers which
often begin with a zero. I have tried all three methods you have suggested.