Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr. Low Mr. Low is offline

Default Excel 2002: How to draw an oval shape outline to the worksheet

Helo Gord,

Thanks, It works

Low
--
A36B58K641

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Mr. Low

Set transparency to 100%.

I like this macro. Allows for multiple selections.

Sub My_Circle()
Dim x, y As Single, area As Range
'rotate through areas - this allows multiple circles to be drawn
For Each area In Selection.Areas
With area
' x and y are numbers that are a function of the
' area's height and width
x = .Height * 0.2
y = .Width * 0.2
ActiveSheet.Ovals.Add Top:=.Top - x, Left:=.Left - y, _
Height:=.Height + 2 * x, Width:=.Width + 2 * y
ActiveSheet.Ovals(ActiveSheet.Ovals.Count) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End With
Next area
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:12:00 -0700, Mr. Low
wrote:

Dear Sir,

I need to draw an oval shape to circle up a group of figures in the
worksheet for explanation purpose.

However when I use the drawing tool at the drawing tool bar, the oval shape
I have on the spreadsheet always superimposed on the figures. Another words
the oval shape is filled and I cannot read anything that is circled.

May I know how to get only the oval shape outline only?

Thanks

Low