Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Can excel count concurrent events given start and end times ?

First question - of these thousands of phone calls, are they all on the same
day or are numerous days represented on the sheet?

If more than one day is represented on the sheet, is the DATE of the call
recorded as part of the start/end time of the call or somewhere else on the
same row with the start end time?

You're essentially asking Excel to take each date and compare it to all
other dates and tell you how many others were going on at the same time -
that's not going to work well if multiple days are involved unless you can
distinguish the dates.

It might be better if you set up a group of time ranges, down to whatever
granularity you need and ask what calls were concurrent on a given day during
those time periods.

"Charlie B" wrote:

Hi there. I have a spreadsheet with thousands of phone call records. Each
has a start time, and end time and of course, therefore, a duration. I want
to get excel to tell me how many concurrent calls there are.

How do I do it ?

Any help greatfully received.

Charlie