Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kavitha Kavitha is offline

Default on bar graph, how to superimpose line of average values over b

Thanks that was very helpful. I got stuck on a minute detail: Label Last
Point. Currently the value of my horiz line is labeled at the 0 x-axis point
and it is also labeled at the 1-axis point on my secondary axis. I was
reading through the link titled "Label Last Point" but it is talking about
creating a module. I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Any ideas?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Rather than drawing the line using shapes, which will be static, add an
extra data series. Here are a few pages on the subject.

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts...nes/index.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
http://www.processtrends.com/pg_char...ontal_line.htm

Cheers
Andy

Kavitha wrote:
i am creating a bar graph with death rates for 8 cities in los angeles for a
particular disease. Now I would like to draw a constant line at a particular
rate through the entire bar graph to indicate the target rate.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info