Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George M George M is offline

Default Protect Sheet but allow sorting

I too am having problems with protecting an Excel 2003 spreadsheet from
changes but allowing users to sort. I click ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet
and put a check mark in the Sort box of "Allow users to..." (as the
documentation specifies). Nevertheless, subsequently trying to use DataSort
or the Sort buttons produces an error message.

Has anyone out there been able to make it work? How?
--
George M

"LucyK" wrote:

Don't tell me I have to be a prorammer to protect my sheet but allow
for sorting!!! That will kill me and take days.

I have a workbook with 2 worksheets (tabs) that I would like to protect
from editing, but would like to allow for sorting.

HELP...