Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default how to find the right most cell in a row with a value in it ?

sorry, yes I should have been more specific:

I have a row, formatted as numeric. Everytime a certian event happens that I
am tracking at work, I put a number in the next column to the right.

On another location in the worksheet, I need to have a forumula that will
look in the specific row and find the number, furthest to the right. They
are not in any kind of order that would allow a min, or max function to be
used.

I will try the lookup formula you provided.

Thanks !

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Depends on what you mean by "value"

=LOOKUP(9^9,3:3)

returns the last number in row 3

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),3:3)

returns the last text entery on row 3

=LOOKUP(2,1/(3:3<""),3:3)

returns the last non-blank cell.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Max" wrote:

I have a need to have cell with a formula or series of formulas, that can
find the right most cell in a specific row that has a value in it.

I tried various flavors of lookup but was not able to make this work.

any ideas?