Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Webtechie Webtechie is offline

Default Textbox mask for textboxes in my Userform (Excel 2007)

Joel,

Thanks Joel, that sure helps after the fact. Any idea of how to notify the
user as they are typing. Along the same lines as the masked edit control?

Thanks,

Tony

"Joel" wrote:

Use ISDATE to validae the date. Build a sring like I did below. I hardcoded
a string to give you an idea how to do this. You can also read the string
from a text box like the code Icommented out below.

Do

'datestr = textbox1.value
datestr = "1302"
MyDate = Left(datestr, 2) & "/" & Mid(datestr, 2, 2) & "/" & Year(Date)
If IsDate(MyDate) Then
Exit Do
Else
MsgBox ("Bad Date - Enter Date again")
End If

Loop

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need my users to input a two character day and two character month for the
date (I don't need the year). I can give a default year if need be.

I don't see the masked edit control in Excel 2007.

How do you control how data is keyed in the textboxes of the userforms?

Thanks.