Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
roadsidetree roadsidetree is offline

Default Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with oth

Thanks for the replies, actually i have tried repair,
uninstall-reboot-reinstall. but still none of the charts works. i think i'm
not the only one facing the problem, found 2 postings in google group that
mentioned the same problem.

i'm running Windows 2003 standard edition, upgraded from office 2003 to
office 2007.

thank you
kh

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
I don't have answer for why not any charts. I've managed to get scatter
charts to work in 2007 and that is the only type I've really tried. My
only
guess at this point would be a bad install of Excel? But wait for more
Although trying a repair installation may help.

As for why no charts but art/shapes are ok - could very well be that
charts
is done with a different 'engine'. I do know that the chart engine for
2007
is a whole new beast, not just a port over from 2003.

"roadsidetree" wrote:

Ya, any chart, i can't do column, line, pie, bar, area, scatter and all
others.

i can do smartart and shapes.

i wonder why.

kh

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
This happens with any chart at all that you try to create?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"roadsidetree" wrote in message

I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message
"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a
different chart types"
keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out?
thank you
regards
kh