Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Calling DLL functions in Excel VBA

<Surmise
I would imagine that the folder calling would be that containing Excel, or
possibly the VB/VBA runtime. The location of your XL file would not matter.
</Surmise

You could avoid the whole path problem by making an ActiveX dll instead and
using COM. Then the location is irrelevant.

NickHK

"sunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tested with my dll file and excel file in the same folder. (I think
this is the third case)
And the result was just as I said - It worked only in the "My
document" on others' computer.
I don't think it is a good idea to put my dll into System folder and
it is not possible to tell everybody to set their PATH variable
(People are not familiar with setting environment variables)
Maybe I can specify an absolute path of the dll file and let people
copy the file to that path.
If anyone have better ways, just tell me.
Thanks, anyway.