Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jesse Jesse is offline

Default select max value from row of data and column containing max value

I'm using Office 2003. I have a large table and I'd like to evaluate the data
and get a summary of some metrics of the data:
- the name (column) with the highest value
- the highest value -- this seems easy with =max()
- name of the 2nd highest value
- 2nd higest value

Here's a sample of my detail data. The 4 "name" columns are the data and the
4 columns on the right is the summary I want to create with formulas.

name1 name2 name3 name4 highest | value | 2nd highest |
value
metric1 230 214 199 157 name1 230 name2
214
metric2 119 89 138 45 name3 138 name1
119

It would be great if I could format the highest value of each row in the
detail data...so the 230 for metric 1 and name1 would be bold.

--
Jesse