Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How to make Same formula over multiple rows but still holds row #

As ALWAYS, post your efforts for comments. With the limited question I will
supply a limited answer

$

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"BallySuperTech" wrote in message
I am trying to take a new list of people, and based on these people account
numbers, I need to display certain Text. For example-If Julies account
number
is 12345, Then she is Marks guest, but if her account number is 54321,
then a
field would display Lisas guest. I have a Fixed field of text that I need
match to the account numbers that always change. Is thier a way to Create
the
If formula over Multiple cells but still keep the original formula without
it
auto completing, BUT still carry over the Row #. I have done it either one
way or the other, Same formula times 2000, or Auto complete formulas times
2000 (auto complete changes the formula so it doesnt op any more). Also,
Is
thier a way to create quickly a Large If series formula, I need to take
one
cell and insert a If formula containing 1400 If possibilities.

Thanks
Alll