Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerard Gerard is offline

Default How to use a formula to determine the Cell Style?

Well - in this particular case "color" might work. I will check the link you
mentioned. What I was really looking for was for a formula that when pointed
at a cell would actually tell me the excel "Style" that was being used. They
added several custom styles - that currently only change the cell color. I
was hoping to react to cells or get counts of cells that had a particular
style applied to them.

AND that you for the info!
Gerard

"JW" wrote:

By "style" do you mean color? If so, Chip Pearson has some great
write-ups on dealing with colors.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gerard wrote:
I'm trying to use a formula to determine the Cell (custom) Style? I believe
that once I have this formula figured out I will be able to use it to "Count"
the number of cells with a particular Style and display this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gerard