Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Comma Style Question

You can change the Comma style:

Format|Style (in xl2003 menus)
or
Home tab|Style group|Cell Styles icon (on the xl2007 ribbon)

Change the comma style to what you want.

These styles live in workbooks. It's not an excel setting. So every existing
file needs to have thing changed (if you want).

If you want this style for new workbooks, you can create a new workbook, save it
as book.xlt (a template file) in the XLStart folder.

A new workbook will be created based on this workbook when you click on the New
Icon on the standard toolbar.

Steveal wrote:

When I format a cell using the "Comma Style" toolbar button, I get 2
decimal places shown along with the comma separated thousands.

Is it possible to change the 2 decimal places? Whenever I use the
button, I always want my numbers displayed as comma separated
thousands with NO decimal places.

--

Dave Peterson