Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I format an Excel sheet to create a ratio as in 1:25 ??

If you have a number of 24.8, and format the call as "1:"0 , then it will
display as 1:25.
If you wanted it in a different cell, you can use the formula
="1:"&TEXT(A1,0) to produce a text string.
--
David Biddulph

"Fizz Richardson" wrote in
message ...
when doing calculations I want the answer toi come out as a ratio 1: 25
rather than just 25 - I have found a way of doing that by adding the 1: as
text within inverted commas - but it won't allow a rounding.

Does anyone know another way of doing this pls??

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.