Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pclifford99 pclifford99 is offline

Default how can i change european date format to american

That did not work either. let me expalin in greater detail. i pulled some
data off a european website. i copy/pasted the data into my excel file. I
suspect when i pasted it i was taking the european date format and pasting as
the default u.s. format. could this be the issue ?

i am about to start pulling my hair out !

thanks
--
phil

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Perhaps your dates are text and not dates.

Try DataText to ColumnsNextNextColumn Data FormatDateMDY and Finish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:05:01 -0800, pclifford99
wrote:

for whatever reason, that does not work. i've tried it about a dozen times.
i've cut and pasted "values only" to other parts of my spreadsheet thinking
maybe the format was corrupted, but no go. any furthur ideas ?

thanks