Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Function that can differentiate between text & numbers???

Here is a shorter formula for you to try...

=IF(N(A1)=0,A1,1.35*A1)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have a spreadspread that contains both text and numbers in every column
and
row. The values are in euro. I usually copy the spreadsheet over and
multiply
the values by the exchange rate.
Example:
88 98 n/a 50
78 n/a 45 51
I have tried using the IF function, IF(A11, A1*1.35, A1), but this
returns
the #VALUE symbol in the cells that contain words.
Is there function that would allow me to copy it throughout the whole
spreadsheet, returning new values for cells with numbers and leaving all
cells with text exactly the way are?
Thank you for any help you could provide!!
Kevin