Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marge Marge is offline

Default extend the range of cells for a drop down list

I don't know what a "refers to box" is...can you explain?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

use a self adjusting defined name such as mylist and in the refers to box

=offset($a$1,1,0,counta($a:$a),1)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Marge" wrote in message
I have a range of cells (named staff) on a worksheet in the workbook where
the drop down list will be used. Additional cells were added to the range
of
cells, but I can't get Excel to include them on the named list. Can I not
expand the range of cells or do I need to name the expanded list with a
new
range name?

.