Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel Temporary Files Location

Excel doesn't do this.

Are you sure it's not your antivirus software.

Excel will store some temporary files in your windows temp folder--and it'll
create a temporary workbook when it saves, but if that save is successful, then
that workbook will disappear.

MSWord does create a temporary file in that same folder. It'll start with a
tilde ~ (IIRC).

Frederik wrote:

Hi all,

When Excel opens a file, it creates a temporary file in the same
directory. This file disappears as soon as the Excel workbook is
closed again. But what if I want these temporary files to be created
in a chosen location, instead of the same directory as where my file
resides?

Thanks for your time and answer!

Frederik

--