Peo Sjoblom

Assume the values are in A2:A100, select from A2 as the active cell (type
A2:A100 in the name box and press enter or select A2 and hold down the mouse
button and select down to A100), do formatconditional formatting, select
formula is, in the formula box put

=MIN($A$2:$A$100)=A2

select the format you want, then add condition 2 and use

=MAX($A$2:$A$100)=A2

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"MaggieMagill" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers that are the results of a formula (common to
each row). What I would like to do is apply a format to the cell that
contains the minimum value in the column and to the max value as well.

I can use the MIN or MAX formula to place the value in a remote cell then
use the conditional format to match that value to what's in the column but
I'm thinking there's better mousetrap.

Shouldn't I be able to just apply the formatting to the cell directly?