Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Ryan Bob Ryan is offline

Default Auto insert sheetname into chart title?

Gord - I learned something new, so thank you. However, i couldn't get
what you described to work. I can make the chart title equal to the cell
containing the sheet name, but I wasn't able to add the text as you
described. Any ideas?

On 5/8/2010 10:19 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
Get the sheetname into a cell in the worksheet using a FORMULA.

e.g. pick G1

In G1 enter this formula exactly as written.

=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

That returns the sheetname to G1

Then make your chart title a formula ="Total Income for "& G1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 May 2010 22:26:43 +0100, Ian wrote:

Hi

I'm using Excel 2003

I have several charts on a worksheet.

At the end of each month I copy the sheet to become the first worksheet
in the workbook, delete the data and rename the sheet for the following
month.

All my charts have a chart title e.g "Total income for April 2010". The
sheetname is April 2010. When I copy this sheet to become "May 2010" I
then have to manually edit all the chart titles on that sheet.

I wondered if there is a way to reference the sheetname in the chart
title so that when I rename the sheet the chart titles automatically
update.

Thanks for your time.

Ian