Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default How can I highlight the cell I'm working in?

If all you want to do is to return to the last selected cell, then
look at the Name Box to the left of the Formula Bar,
simply click on the Name Box then hit Enter. If you set the
mouse wheel button to Enter you can do it all from the mouse.

In case you have not noticed the column letter and the row number
are shaded as well as being shown in the Name Box. Varies a bit
with the version of Excel, but in Excel 2002 the borders are very broad
around the selection range..

Actually I'd never thought of doing that before, I guess I never
stray that far.

Rowliner is nice but macros prevent you from using the undo key and
since rowliner is running continuosly that is not a very good trade-off.
This is also a problem if an Event macro is triggered everytime you
select a cell.

My Notes on Mouse Wheel and Button Settings
for Excel and other applications
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mouse.txt

Another macro of interest might be
Repositioning screen and/or active cell (#TopLeft)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...oc.htm#TopLeft
which attempts to show at least some cells to the left of the
active cell, which may be of use after a Find. Actually I'm more
likely to incorporate it into another macro. than use it directly.
---
HTH,

"TooMuchWorkInHR" wrote...
I am working in a very large worksheet and often cannot locate what cell I
left off at while I scroll to see other data. Is there a way I can change
the display so that the cell I am working in will change to a certain color
or the cell will be temporarily selected with a thicker border?