Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to format whole column negative value, Excel

Apply this formula in Column C1 '=-B1' and copy that to the entire column C

Copy entire Column B. Right Click PasteSpecial--Values to column D.
Delete column B and column C

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"PES" wrote:

I want to make a whole column negative currency value so that the sum of
A+B=Difference. This is to remove the entries in B from the customers
responsibility.
Or should one just use the formula, =A-B, and format the appearance of the
remainder column?
Am I correct: that Excel does not have a function for DIFFerence or
SUBTraction?