Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Formatting TRUE/FALSE to 1/0

Not a format, it is not a number so format does not apply.

Change the formula to return 1 or 0, for instance

=(U1="")

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Smallweed" wrote in message
It's nice to use TRUEs and FALSEs in simple calculations (such as add and
multiply) where TRUE cells are treated by Excel as having a value of 1 and
FALSE cells 0 - although it is strange that =SUM treats them all as 0.

Does anyone know a way of formatting logical cells to actually display 1
for
TRUE and 0 for FALSE?

Obviously one could put together a macro or UDF that physically converted
these values but I would ideally like some kind of Excel format.