Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default How do I match and append/merge data from two spreadsheets?

VLOOKUP would probably be the simplest way. Example:
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:F,6,False)
The above formula would look for the value in A2 of the current sheet
in column A of sheet 2. When a match is found, it will bring back the
value in the 6th position of the column array A:F (which would be
column F). Kinda hard to explain, but for more info on VLOOKUP
formulas, use Excel's help feature or at the below site.

EL wrote:
Hello,

I have two spreadsheets in the same workbook. I want to match and
append/merge the data from spreadsheet #1 with spreadsheet #2. Both
spreadsheets have different data than the other, however, both spreadsheets
do contain a column with the same data (same ID numbers), this is how I
should be able to match them together since this is the association between
the two spreadsheets. I want to append the data from spreadsheet #2 with
spreadsheet #1 so that a single spreadsheet contains all the data from both
spreadsheets (8 columns worth of data). One would think this would be easy
to do with Excel, but I cannot find any help on this topic in the Help
section or on the Web. I am using Excel 2007. Any assistance with this would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you.