Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Why would autosum not be working?

Maybe you have excel in manual calculation mode.

Tools|options|calculation tab
is where you change it to automatic.

Lisa_Lavin wrote:

Have a very simple spreadsheet i use to calculate hours spent on particular
jobs and have been using it successfully for about a year. At the bottom of
each colum I use the auto sum to add the numer of hour for each day and at
the end of each row I calculate the number of hours for each job.

Just recently the totals fail to update when I add/delete/change the data, I
have checked the formulas and nothin in them has changed but to make the
total change I have to double click to highlight the formula and then press
enter. Very annoying when it should and used to happen automatically

can someone please help?

--

Dave Peterson