Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How do I remove white space around a chart?

Is this a chart sheet or a chart embedded in a worksheet? For a chart sheet,
you change the size by changing the page margins in page setup. For an
embedded chart you select the chart and change the size of the outermost
bounding rectangle. To minimize the remaining white space, shrink the chart
to the desired overall size, then stretch the plot area (the inner
rectangle).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Fred Zack" wrote in message
I want to paste excel charts to word reports and have a chart about half
page
size or less. But everytiime I try to reduce the chart size while in excel
still have all that white space around it so it takes up a whole page when
paste it in word. If I resize it then I STILL have all that white space.
How do I get rid of or at least reduce that ?