Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I auto-convert European dates to US dates?

If Excel does recognize these as dates and you cannot simply re-format try
running them through DataText to ColumnNextNextColumn Data FormatDate

Select MDY and Finish.

"Automatically" would require some sort of macro or event code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:51:01 -0800, sandi
wrote:

I have data that is being imported into Excel, and it's coming in with
European-style date formatting (Day-Month-Year). I would like to figure out a
way to automatically convert the dates into US date formatting
(Month-Day-Year). Does anyone know how?