Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

First, 07165489 is not a number unless you have formatted to 00000000

Otherwise it is text.

Couple of ways.

1. in a helper column celll enter ="978" & A1. Copy down the column.

2. With a macro to change all in place at one go with no formulas.

Post back if 2. would suit you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:42:01 -0700, Maggie
wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.