Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

If you switch to the 19043 date system , ToolsOptionsCalculation, 1904
date system checkbox, you can get negative dates.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bailfire13" wrote in message
I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color

of
the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I

would
like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there

anyone
that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time

go
negative?