Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Navigate to an item in pulldown by typing first couple of letters

You can use a combo box from the control toolbox. It has a MatchEntry
property that will do what you want.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a list in sheet A and on sheet B I have a cell with a pull down
menu that lists the list from the sheet A. The list contains 2400+
items, and instead of scrolling down to the specific item, I am
looking for a way to type the first couple of letters to get near the
item I need to get. Is there anyway to get this done? Sheet B
appears to be somewhat restricted such that recording or writing VBA
is prohibited. Are there any functions or properties I can use to
accomplish this?

Thanks,