Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BD BD is offline

Default How do I make tab stops within a cell of Excel?

No I don't need a new line. I want to make consist stopping places. Such ass
Streets, Citys, States, Zip codes all lining up when it's printed. As I would
in a work program. Is it just not possible in Excel? I really don't want to
be counting up the number of letters in each address and then recounting to
make the rest of the spaces. That just doen'st seem to be efficent use of time
BD

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ALT + ENTER will produce a new line in a cell.

This is one line ALT + ENTER
This is a new line ENTER

Might be what you need.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:20:01 -0700, B Daniels <B
wrote:

I am trying to make a address book with checklist and need to use several
tabs stops within a Cell, since there is not key to make tab stop as there is
on a typerwriter, How do I make a tab stop with a cell, or a template for
Excel?