Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do I get a value instead of an error or txt in an Excel ce

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(H449:H508),0,H449:H508))

That is an array formula and needs to be entered using the key combination
of CTRL, SHIFT, ENTER, not just ENTER.

Try this non-array alternative (normally entered):

=SUMIF(H449:H508,"<1E100")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"stylissimo" wrote in message
please also help me: i use this formula:

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(H449:H508),0,H449:H508))

and i believe that i have it right but it would just display a zero value
("0"). i tried to evaluate the function it would give me the right answer
but just don't display in the worksheet.

1 LFKNA Cosmetics - Liquid Foundation - Nude Amber 195.00 195.00
#N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A
#N/A #N/A #N/A

GROSS AMOUNT Php- <<< not displaying the answer which is supposed to
be "195.00"

"JLatham" wrote:

"wrap" your formula inside of an IF statement with a test to see if it
creates an error or not. Consider this

A B C
1 5 0 =A1/B1
will give you a #DIV/0 error

But if you do this at C1:
=IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),"invalid",A1/B1)
you would be shown 'invalid' in C1 but if B1 is a non-zero value then
you'd
get the true answer. You can substitute a value for "invalid" such as
zero
or one, like:
=IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),0,A1/B1)

The ISERROR() test will handle all errors, there are other options such
as
ISERR() handles any error except #N/A
while ISNA() only handles #N/A - good for use with VLookup and Hlookup
operations.

"SkiRJB" wrote:

Is there a way to get a formula to return a value instead of an error
(#DIV/0, #N/A, etc...) so when I usr that cell in a chart I can get a
value
at some where other than zero?