R.VENKATARAMAN

subsequent to my previous message I have found the source It is from Debra
Dalgleish see the forllowing

quote
Debra Dalgleish Apr 30 2003, 5:15 pm show options

In Excel 2000, you could click on a line to select the series.
Then, click on a line segment to select it, choose FormatSelect Data
Point, and format the Line to 'None'
The segment would disappear.

In Excel 2002, the line doesn't disappear -- it connects the previous,
and next points. You could change the line colour to match the
background colour, for a similar effect to what you had in Excel 2000.
unq;uote

Vicky wrote in message
Is there a way to remove the value of a data point so that it doesnt skew

the
data in a scatter or line chart. In other words, I would like to be able

conceal the data point(s) which are not within the trendline.