R.VENKATARAMAN

I have some notes on this from newsgorup. this is only tentative solution

deleting one segment of the chart

click line(of graph)
after a secod click segment
only the two points on two ends of the segment is highlighted
righclick segment
click <format data p;oint the operative word is point
select pattern
line-none
marker-none
click ok
cick again on the plot area
the segment is deleted
you can do this the other segment also

but only problem is that the previous point is not connected to the next
point.
there is a gap in the graph
anyhow wait for a solution from an expery

Vicky wrote in message
Is there a way to remove the value of a data point so that it doesnt skew

the
data in a scatter or line chart. In other words, I would like to be able

conceal the data point(s) which are not within the trendline.