Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default unable to open excel attachment, download won't open

Have you tried Microsoft help & support?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290852/en-us

"N. Joel Salzburg" wrote:

When I received and E-Mail with an attachement for Excel, the download won't
open. the dialog box is looking for a temporary file, and the transfer rate
and estimated time left is all blank. I have turned off my pop up blocker
and the download still won't open. The dialog box shows the files moving and
nothing happens. The excel file in question is a small 17kb (other excel
files also don't open). What's stoping the excel attachment from opening. I
have a new lap top computer with Vista, Microsoft version 2007.