Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guat guat is offline

Default Formula inside a Pivot Table

Hi Debra, are you there? I figured out why it was grey, I wasn't actually in
the header row. So now I got it to work by what you said, and did a
percentage. Now my problem is at the grand total at the bottom, it is
summing up all of the percentages rather than calculating a total percentage.
Anyway you can help me with this?
Thanks,
Varvara

"guat" wrote:

Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing in a different way:

I have a pivot table with row headers for

Active Terminated
Dept 1
Dept 2
Dept 3 etc..

I would like to create a 3rd column called turnover that divides
terminated/active. I try your suggestion below that you gave to mwillie, but
the Calculated Item is grayed out. I can use calculated field, but can't get
it to work. Is there a way to do this within the pivot table and not using a
sum-product?
Thanks.

Varvara

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Instead of a calculated field, you can create a calculated item:
Click on one of the Year headings
On the pivot table toolbar, click PivotTableFormulasCalculated Item
Type a name, e.g. Diff
For the formula, enter: = '2008'- '2007'
Click OK

Mwillie15 wrote:
Inside my raw data I have a series of sku's with qty sold (units) and sale
date (2007 and 2008) as follows:

SKU A 2 2007
SKU B 3 2007
SKU A 4 2008
SKU B 2 2008

When I create a pivot table, I have the sku as the row header and the two
years as the column headers. How can I calculate a thrid column that would
represent the difference? In the calculate field menu, I cannot figure out
how to create a formula that will calculate a result data that origninally is
in the same column.

Any suggestions?

mwillie15

--