Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default How to find specific field value in sheet.

If you are really lucky to have 100,200,300 for both width and length then,
provided this is the layout

A B C D E
width 100 200 300 length
1 2 3 100
4 5 6 200
7 8 9 300

G H I
width length price
200 300 8

=INDEX(B2:D4,H2/100,G2/100)

in I2 gives the required price.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Anders Bjerregaard€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I need to build a sphreadsheet, where the user type in 2 values in 2 fields,
(Value "lenght" and value "Width" ).
In a sheet where you have a culum "C" with 3 diffent values (100,200,300),
and a row "5" with 3 different values, (100,200,300)
The point is now that the user type in (or choose from roll down bar ) the
lenght, and from another bar choose the Width, then he can see the unique
value in a cell called " Price", the unique value is a predefined number( not
a calculation ) in the field where the width and lenght meets in the sheet.

( Eks. choose lenght as 100, and withd as 300, then where 100 and 300 meets
in the sheet i see the price, this price is transfered to a cell, which i can
use for another calculation ( I have 3 other semilar sheets where i will
"pick" the unigue value/price, and summarize these as a final price.

How do i do ?